Family dentistry is all about ensuring the general oral health of the entire family. Family dentists address all oral health problems of the family at every stage of their life. Children have very different dental needs than adults; our qualified family hygienists provide comprehensive oral care from baby teeth to permanent teeth. They offer the best possible care for the entire family at affordable costs. Your family dentist allows you to benefit from their experiences and expanded services that focus on preventing and treating the most common dental problems that could affect you at any stage of your life. Family dentistry gives you the advantage of seeing the same dentist throughout your life, thus making you more comfortable during your examination and treatment. The entire record of your medical history is maintained by the family dentist, who will ensure your good oral health throughout your life.
What Is General Dentistry?
General dentistry involves all the members of a family receiving dental care. At a routine visit to your family dentist, you will get a thorough examination, diagnosis, and treatment for all your oral health problems. A family dentist is similar to your family physician serving as primary care provider.
Some oral diseases and abnormalities indicate other health conditions. A general dentist will keep you updated on your health, suggest the right treatment and share the latest medical advancements. They can also refer you to a specialist for further treatment if needed and work together with you to achieve the satisfaction you are looking for to get the best oral health care.
What Does General Dentistry Include?
General dentistry involves the overall diagnosis of the patient. It includes evaluating, diagnosing, preventing, and treating oral disease, disorders of the oral cavity, maxillofacial area, and the associated structures. General hygienists treat patients within the scope of their area of expertise. In case a patient requires further treatments, they are referred to specialist doctors.
What Procedures Do General Dentists Perform?
General dentists provide affordable care that restores the teeth and gums and offers long-term support for your overall oral health. The main priority is enabling reasonable health care without causing a substantial monetary burden to the patient. Some of the procedures which are undertaken by your general dentist include the following:
- Simple cosmetic procedures like whitening your teeth to get a sparkling smile.
- If you are looking for a beautiful smile, you can undergo a smile makeover.
- When a significant problem is diagnosed, your hygienist will ensure that you get timely and appropriate treatment.
- They offer you detailed instructions to improve your at-home oral hygiene.
- Regular examinations, including teeth cleanings and x-rays.
- They also offer treatments for missing teeth, place crowns or bridgework.
- General dentists also help you get fitted with a denture.
- Advanced therapies like root canal therapy, orthodontics, and dental implants are also offered.
- Oral screenings for cancer detection are done.
Dental Design Studio, located in Gilbert, AZ, has expert dentists who can provide the best treatment plan for all dental requirements. Call 480-621-5535 to schedule a consultation with the dentist to know more about dental treatments.